13 December 2013

Blessed

I have to admit, I didn't really care to post what I'm thankful for every day in November. I think it's great that people did it, and it's definitely a great way to focus on the season, but it just wasn't for me. I even made a super cute garland with pumpkin and leaf di-cuts on it for Kenz and I to write what we're thankful for each day. By the 9th we still hadn't done it yet, so I decided it was too late and it would just be a cute decoration. Maybe next year?

Even though it's no longer November or Thanksgiving, I just wanted to take the time to point out some huge blessings in our life right now. At least for me, it's easy to notice what we lack and what we want. Not necessarily material things, but it's always hard to long for blessings that are good and righteous and you're not getting (obviously I'm talking about a baby here!) But we really do have so much for which to thank our Heavenly Father, so I just want to talk about these things in case I ever have kids and they ever read this blog.

First and foremost, our cars! We have two cars in excellent condition that get amazing gas mileage, and we've been blessed to be able to give other people from our ward rides to work, the grocery store, etc. Not only do we have one really sweet nice car (2009 Honda Accord- thanks Mom and Dad!), but my old 2005 Toyota Corolla had NO RECOMMENDATIONS when I got my oil changed this week! That's amazing. They always at least tell you to change the air filter!

I'm also grateful for all of the material blessings we have. iPods, iPhones, iPad, XBOX 360, Wii, Wii U, 2 laptops, a desktop, more craft supplies than I'd ever know what to do with, nice furniture, the ability to decorate our apartment how I'd like, etc.

We are so blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment