03 October 2012

Our Story: Part 2

As you may have noticed, I changed the look of the blog. I'm hoping that this will help with my blogging battle.

Anyway, I figured that it's been almost 2 months and I've left y'all hanging on the story of Kenz and I! Haha. So here is the rest...

When I left off, we had gone on our first date but neither of us were very interested in each other. We continued to be friends and hang out in groups, etc. We cuddled one time while watching Mulan with a bunch of people, but it didn't mean anything. Meanwhile, both of the people we were interested in had basically shot us down.

Flash forward to August 2, 2010. It was our good friend Amy's* birthday. She had gone on a date with Kenz before I had and was very back and forth on whether or not she liked him. That day I took her to lunch at Guru's in Provo, and asked her how she was feeling about him. She said something along the lines of "if we end up dating that's great, if we just stay friends that's great too." She was going to an outdoor movie with him that night for her birthday. She definitely considered it a date.

That night, we had a big tie-dying party for FHE. During the tie-dye session, I was talking to Mackenzie and noticed that his eyes were really pretty, and I told him so. I asked if he considered the movie with Amy a date, and he said that he didn't think it was a date at all, and invited me to go with them. When I told Amy she was kind of perturbed, and invited our friend Mike to go with us as my "date" because she still wanted it to be a date. When we got to the movie, I wanted to lay between Mackenzie and Mike because I was in a cuddling mood and wanted to keep my options open. Mackenzie and I kind of cuddled. He was also kind of trying to cuddle with Amy, but she didn't want to because she wanted him all to herself.

When we got back to our apartments after the movie, we wanted to keep hanging out but it was 11:45 so we would have to stay outside. Amy seemed upset and said that she just didn't want to hang out outside. Mike sensed that there was something going on with us, so he decided to call it a night and go home. That left Mackenzie and I to hang out by ourselves. It was a little chilly, so we cuddled under a blanket and talked. We ended up talking until 6:30am. After moving places twice due to sprinklers, him saying we could never date, a failed attempt at trying to kiss me, and the sun coming up, we finally kissed. Mackenzie was on such a high that he went and ran a mile before getting ready for work. And he hates running!

After sleeping for a few hours, I went over to Amy's apartment and told her that we had kissed. She was really, really mad. I didn't really feel bad because a.) she had said earlier that she was fine with just being friends with him, b.) she had a missionary that she was waiting for (who she ended up marrying), and c.) I really liked Mackenzie! Just because she went on one date with him before I did, did not mean that she had dibs.

Later that night, I went over to Kenz's apartment and we decided that we were going to give dating a try. Amy was super mad and never really forgave either of us. But friends aren't forever; and Mackenzie and I will be together for eternity!





The day after we decided to start dating, I woke up feeling kind of uneasy about it and decided to fast and go to the temple. I received one of the strongest feelings I'd ever had that what I was doing was right, and that he needed me. I stuck with him, and the rest is history :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog look and the second part of your story. Now I'll have to go back and read the first part! You guys are so cool. I love my little Morrison couple :)

    ReplyDelete