09 January 2012

Someone Like You

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the words to the song "Someone Like You" by Adele? The music is beautiful, but the words are pathetic. Not only is she dropping by the home of an ex-lover who's MARRIED, but her self esteem is so low that she wants to find someone JUST like him. He's moved on with his life; she should, too. And maybe what she thinks she wants in a man is the exact opposite of what she needs, and what will work out for her... I was in love with a guy and I thought that I would never find anyone as compatible with me, but then I found Mackenzie. He's completely opposite of any guy I've ever dated. And he's perfect for me. And I'm happier than I could ever have been with the other guy :)

Anyway, I had a nice weekend. Friday night I tried my hand at one of our favorite restaurant fares, the Shrimp with Candied Walnuts from PF Chang's. I found a recipe on food.com and it was actually pretty close to the real thing, and Kenz loved it! Saturday Hailey and I went to Tri-Cities and went to Target, the mall, Ross, etc. I found Gracie an awesome deluxe doggy bed that she actually sleeps in. At Target my dreams came true and they had Super Mario stuff at the Dollar Spot!! I got Kenz a pencil case, highlighters, stickers, and sushi erasers. And threw in a Snickers to complete the "prize" as we call surprises. Another great find was this adorably, delightfully ugly fox necklace I found at Claire's for $3. Love it!!



I don't know if I've sufficiently bragged about my amazing necklace board I made a couple months ago, thank you Pinterest! Super simple to make: I got some drawer knobs from Hobby Lobby and Anthropologie (on sale) and screwed them into a 2x2 plywood board from Home Depot that I covered in fabric with a staple gun. Voila! I LOVE it, especially because you can see that I have many, many ugly necklaces that need hanging.

Last thing I want to talk about: MOVIES COMING OUT IN 2012! Can I say that this year looks possibly better than last year, even though Harry Potter is done? Seven movies that I can't wait to see this year, and their official trailers for your enjoyment (if possible):


AND, of course, BREAKING DAWN PART 2. There isn't a trailer out yet but the release date is November 18th. Can't wait!!

1 comment: