03 December 2011

Change of Focus

I really want to get better at this blogging thing. So I've decided that I will start sharing my weight loss "journey" on here. Not necessarily sharing because I don't think anyone is really interested in that, but mostly just updating and tracking, etc.

Before my mission, I was in the best physical and spiritual shape of my life. I ran 5k every day, lived off of Smart Ones and salad, drank 64oz of water daily, and got 8 hrs of sleep every night from 11pm-7am. I was on a spiritual high preparing for my mission and to go to the temple. Life was amazing.

Almost 4 years later, I am the heaviest I've ever been. I'm married, and there are stresses in my life. We are working towards getting sealed in the next few months. We don't always read our scriptures and say our morning and evening prayers. Mackenzie loves Jack in the Box, and even though I don't have a job I'm sometimes too lazy to cook. I'm pretty sure I could run at least a mile if I had a treadmill around here.

Negatives: I don't have a gym membership; it's the holidays, and I love to bake; it's too cold outside for me to go running; Mackenzie isn't ready to lose weight.

Positives: We live in Moses Lake, and the only places to eat are Perkin's and Shari's (bleh); I love to bake and I also love to give things to people, so I could just bake, eat a couple of cookies, and give the rest away; I just read an awesome article from Weight Watchers about winter walking; if I put in a little extra effort, I can cook Kenz some healthy meals and he will start to lose weight, too.

 I started seriously doing Weight Watchers on Halloween, and I have since lost 5 lbs. It's not very much, but it's a start, and I haven't really been exercising. I'm going to change that this next week.

So, that's my life right now. Here is a picture taken about a month ago that is seriously the worst picture of me EVER.(Thanks, KaeLynn! ;))





I will update it monthly to check out my progress. It will take a year or so, but I am ready to lose 95 lbs!!

4 comments:

  1. Ali, I am SO VERY proud of you. You have totally got this and I know you will dominate. I will be right there with you babe. Yay for life changes!!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Ali- great post. Way to keep it real. You're way good at making up your mind and doing something so I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so great and focused...good for you! You're inspiring me to lose all this baby weight next year! BTW I miss you and hope you have a great Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete