27 June 2011

Awake My Soul

I just got to make an announcement on the radio about the ETA of the southbound train, because I'm working in the office today! I'm really excited about it, because I want to do this next year (be a dispatcher). So I'm pretty happy that Cari asked me to help out today since one of the dispatchers has the day off and another one is sick, so it's only Dustin in the office.

We had a really fun day off last week. We came to the lodge and ate breakfast at the King Salmon- delicious french toast. French toast is known as "pain perdu" en francais, whcih means "lost bread." The reason it's called this is because during WWI and WWII when people were struggling to eat, no one would waste any food at all. Baguettes that became too hard and inedible were dipped in egg to soften them, left in the fridge over night to soak in the moisture, and then cooked in a frying pan or in the oven.



Anyway, after breakfast we went hiking on the Horseshoe Lake trail and it was awesome! We took a ton of fun pictures that I'll post soon. We went to Music of Denali for the third time for all you can eat ribs and salmon for dinner :) It was a great day off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment