20 January 2011

fevrier s'approche deja?!

I'm in class blogging and taking notes simultaneously. Geography 250:  US and Canada. It always takes me like hours to pick a background that I like, and that Kenz won't be offended by because it's all flowery and girly.

Christmas break was awesome. We went back to MN and spent a lot of time with my family. We got obsessed with playing the games Blokus, Settlers of Catan, and Whacky Six. I miss it. A lot of stuff has happend this month. A summary in numbers: 2 car accidents, 3 blood tests, -10 lbs, and about 170 hours of sleep!

In words: Kenz got into a fender bender on Monday the 3rd, and then got rear ended himself in a work vehicle 2 days later (on his birthday :( ) We then found out that he was taken off of his parents' insurance when we were married, so we were going to have to pay everything out of pocket, and also pay the $200/month for car insurance. I talked to my Dad to see if the same thing applied for me, and he went with the safest bet "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission." Gotta love my dad.

I've gained about 40 lbs in the past 5 months, and have also been really cold and fatigued. All signs pointed to hypothyroidism, so I went and got checked out. At the doctor's office they took 3 blood samples to test for hypothyroidism, diabetes, and anemia. I got the call back a few days later and I'm healthy as a clam. Kind of bittersweet, because I have no legitimate excuse for the crazy weight gain! But that brings me to the next number...

I've already lost 10 lbs this month (as of Monday 1/17)! I've been working out and following Weight Watchers closely and it's working! Kenz, Kellen, Dad, and I are doing this Biggest Loser thing and the winner gets $100. In addition, if you lose a total of 20 lbs you get $40, and if you lose a total of 30 lbs you get $60. So I can definitely win $160. That would be nice :) We're going until April 1. I would like to lose 50 lbs by then. Ultimately, I would like to lose 90 lbs by the end of the year. I think it'll be pretty easy while we're in Alaska since there aren't really any restaurants in Healy! And we'll want to be saving our monies. If I lose 90 lbs, I'll weigh as much as I did in 9th grade and that is when I was in the best shape of my life because I was playing basketball and throwing shot put and discus in track.

Last night we saw KaeLynn and she said it looks like i've lost weight. That made me feel great since I've only lost 10 lbs and that usually doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, that's our January! Right now I'm really excited for Alaska. We're going back to Denali (where I worked the summers of 2006 and 2007) to drive tour buses and just have the time of our lives. I can't wait!!



Listening: "I'm Not Calling You a Liar" by Florence and the Machine (in my head)



2 comments:

  1. Fun! I am going to miss you when you go to Alaska and Seattle - so far away. Wish you could stay here with the rest of us :)

    Do you know where you are going to live in Seattle? Have you looked for places?

    So, you should see our blog, too. We can be friends: http://thefelts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some great summer plans. :)

    And I don't remember where I saw/read this recently, but some "expert" said your ideal weight should NOT be what you weighed in high school (something like not realistic when you're a grown adult, blah blah blah...). I only mention that because I know it makes ME feel better. Anyway, would you and your hubby ever be interested in an overnight/weekend babysitting gig in case me and mine ever wanted to get away?

    ReplyDelete